We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Whatcha gonna do with all those zukes? All those zukes in your garden?
I’m gonna try some recipes, recipes for me to eat
My zukes, my zukes. My lovely garden zukes.
Check it out.
I’m sorry. I really am. It just came to me and I had to let the lyrics free. Seriously, though, I’ve got approximately a bajillion tons of zucchini growing in my garden and the bounty increases by the day. Yellow squash, too. Which, to me, is the same as a zucchini, but just a different color. Are they the same? Are the sisters from another mister? Who knows. For the sake of moving on with this post, let’s just say they are. Here are a bunch (read: twenty) of tasty recipes to use up your crop of zukes!
- What-do-you-mean-it’s-not-apple Apple Crisp AMAZINGLY delicious and, when you serve to your family, they will have NO IDEA it’s really zucchini. Unless you tell them, but why the heck would you do that?! (I’ve-made-it-before tip: the filling freezes really well! I do not put a layer of the crumb mixture on the bottom, so complete all the steps with the filling, minus baking, and store in the freezer in a freezer-safe container. Write down the ingredients and steps to making the crumb topping on a piece of paper and tape onto the container with packing tape. Let the filling defrost before baking and then finish as described)
- Summer Vegetable Tian an absolute staple side dish for us during the summer months. I didn’t even know I liked zucchini until I tried this casserole!
- Low Carb Baked Zucchini Mozzarella Cheese Squares so, I’m totally going to do a family contest with these; we’ll see who can make the longest string of cheese!
- Zucchini Patties these totally remind me of potato latkes…which is a good thing!
- Zucchini Grilled Cheese a low-carb alternative to grilled cheese
- Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies if you’re looking to hide the zucchini, you may want to consider peeling the zucchini first
- Zucchini Garlic Bites amazing dipped in marinara sauce!
- Mexican Zucchini Burrito Boats spice up Taco Tuesday next time!
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini Holy moly, yes!!! We’re usually already cooking on the grill in the summer, might as well make space for these beauties
- Zucchini Brownies great for picky “I’m not eating zucchini, mama” eaters
- Zucchini Tortillas keto!
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Zucchini I would totally dip these in marinara sauce or Ranch dressing
- Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks a low-carb addition/alternative to pizza night!
- Low Carb Pasta Salad So, I use this recipe as a base. The homemade Italian Dressing is perfection – I substitute 1 Tablespoon of Mustard Powder for the Dijon Mustard because, well, the first time I made the recipe I didn’t have Dijon mustard! It was a delicious substitution, so I’ve stuck with it. Zucchini Noodles/Spiralized Zucchini can be purchased at your local grocery store or you can make them yourself with a spiralizer like this: https://amzn.to/2LpAgwQ. I use mine a ton and it’s totally worth the cabinet space and has been money well spent.
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles use the Spiralizer for this one, too!
- Lasagna Zucchini Boats a low-carb alternative to one of my favorite comfort foods
- The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe Let me tell you, I could survive on zucchini bread alone for the rest of my life and be completely happy (and probably as big as a house, but let’s forget about that). When we have a TON of zucchini, I’ll usually make a TON of zucchini bread to freeze for the winter. I use these little loaf pans, https://amzn.to/2O7jhO7, to bake the perfect size loaves. After they’ve cooled (if you need cooling racks, I’ve used these for 11 years and they’ve held up fabulously: https://amzn.to/2L8rjbM), I wrap each loaf, individually, in parchment paper and then aluminum foil. Then, I put the wrapped loaves in a freezer-safe zip baggie and into the freezer. If you remember, take a loaf out the night before you intend on eating it. If you don’t remember, take it out when you want to eat it, unwrap and stick in the microwave a bit to warm up (no aluminum foil in the microwave!).
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread they’ll have NO idea there’s zucchini in this!
- Parmesan Zucchini Tots they’re like a healthier version of tator tots!
- Zucchini Stuffed Shells with Italian Sausage Holy moly, so much yes
Don’t have the time to cook or bake right now? Preserving Zucchini may be a great option for you!
Did we forget your favorite zucchini recipe? Did you try a recipe and love it? Hate it? Let us know in the comments!